Top Things to Do in Costa Rica in 2021
Are you planning a Costa Rica vacation but are not sure what to do or where to go? There is a wide variety of fun things to do in Costa Rica, making it hard sometimes to choose activities and destinations.
Costa Rica’s incredibly diverse landscapes – lush forests, towering mountains, volcanoes, rushing rivers, and tropical beaches – offer something for every traveler. And if you need a little guidance choosing the best places in Costa Rica to vacation, Best of Costa Rica travel advisor is ready to help.
The Best Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Go hiking. Costa Rica is famous for its nature and wildlife. There’s no better way to see it than walking trails through the rainforest, cloud forest, and coastal jungle. The country’s extensive national park system is especially recommended.
For instance, hike in the Arenal Volcano National Park, and you’ll see how the forest and terrain have been affected by prolific volcanic activity. When you walk in Manuel Antonio National Park, you have a high probability of seeing wildlife in its natural habitat. And when you finish, you can refresh with a cooling swim in the crystal clear ocean at one of the beautiful beaches.
- Walk amid the treetops on suspension bridges. The Monteverde cloud forest is one of the rarest and most unique habitats on the planet, with an astonishing variety of flora and fauna. The best way to experience it is walking across suspension bridges at the tree canopy level, where the most significant amount of life is found.
- Take an exciting zip line tour. The canopy zip line tour was invented in Costa Rica! You can find thrilling Costa Rica zip line tours in places like Monteverde and the Arenal Volcano. It’s an incredible experience to fly through the forest!
- Go whitewater rafting. Costa Rica’s Pacuare River is renowned as one of the best 10 rivers globally for its scenic beauty and its rapids. You can combine an exciting whitewater rafting adventure with staying at a rainforest eco-lodge alongside the Pacuare.
- Do yoga in nature. Expand your wellness with the perfect harmony of doing yoga surrounded by nature’s healing energy. Two of the best places to practice yoga in Costa Rica are at Santa Teresa Beach and the Arenal Volcano.
Whether you are visiting Costa Rica for the beaches, jungle adventures, culture, or yoga and wellness, this country has everything you could want. Get ideas for summer vacations in Costa Rica for families or dream big with an Inspiring Holiday package.